Free Shipping on Etsy What It Means for Sellers

free Shipping banner
Banner can be used in your Etsy shop! 
Just right click and save, and hey, follow me on instagram @ForSaleonEtsy

Should you do the whole "Free Shipping thing?"

So, I used to have favorite shop on Etsy, 

You know the kind you crush over, whether you are an Etsy seller or NOT...

I wondered why she kept offering Free Shipping.  I was like "Why?"

Her items were high priced but flew off the shelves.  I was like "really."


So I e-mailed her.   She said "it's psychology."

She explained more:  "If you think you can gt something free, it's a good deal."

I held on my end with my low shipping costs and low pricing. 

Wrong. 

Then came Amazon and their Free Shipping craze.  

Yep, it's true.


I saw people click and buying.  And buying, and buying.


So I tested the theory in my own shop.


Exhibit A:  


vintage porcelain glove mold, retrochalet


A glove mold. 
Cost: $32 with $8.95 shipping = $40.95
Cost : $49 with $0 shipping = $49.00

People bought the $49 item 3 to 1.

Etsy takes a percentage of your whole sale, but still....

I fare better having Free Shipping and going higher.

What am I missing? I should have taken a psychology class. 

So, like a famous shoe company tells us, "just do it."

To compete with Amazon and online retailers the answer is YES, offer it!

I took it a step further and offered free shipping on ALL ITEMS. 

I saw a huge increase in sales.  At least 20 percent.  Amazing.

For you, to get started, I offer free shipping banners in my etsy shop ,  so that you can post them and broadcast to your customers :    Find them at retrochalet !



Comments

  1. Good blog post. I want to thank you for interesting and helpful information and I like your point of view. Thank you!.Would like to see some other posts on the same subject..Lowest air freight rate with Mersali packagesLearn" How To Make Money" By Saving The free shipping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message!